Five Easy Ways to Impress Your Date in Marina del Rey (For Every Budget)
Whether it's a first date, double date or a night without the kids, the "date night rut" looms. Ditch the local restaurant, movie theatre and get out of the rut by planning something extraordinary - a night (or day!) on-the-water in Marina del Rey. From dining and dancing to exploring your inner adventurer, Los Angeles' popular seaside town offers a wide variety of ways to find romance on the high sea.
1. Moonlight Paddle Excursion ($): Enjoy a romantic night paddling through the calm waters of the Marina on a guided, two-person kayak tour. Hosted by the UCLA Marina Aquatic Center, sunset and full-moon paddles take place on select Saturdays from 5 - 8 p.m., $35 per attendee. Download the schedule here.
2. Wine & Dine Aboard Your Private Duffy ($): Pack your meal, champagne and chocolates, and head to the charming Fisherman's Village where Marina Boat Rentals offers electric Duffy rentals as low as $85 per hour. Whether sharing the experience with a loved one, or celebrating with one or two other couples, the easy-to-drive boats allow you to stay dry and warm, while cuddling with your sweetie and gliding quietly through the Marina.
3. Put On Your Dancing Shoes ($$): Get your groove on while floating in the Marina with Hornblower's dinner cruises on Friday and Saturday nights. Friday nights boast the Blues Dinner Cruise to jazz up the weekend with the cool notes of the Phil Gates Blues Band. The Starlight Dinner Dance Cruise takes place every Saturday night and includes a fantastic evening of sightseeing, dinner, music and dancing.
4. Amore Aboard a Gondola ($$): For an experience that feels worlds away, enjoy a romantic, old-fashioned moonlit gondola ride in the Marina. Steered by an authentically dressed gondolier, the private gondola provides a romantic ambiance and can also include dinner, drinks and reflexology massages for two people. A one-hour ride for two people starts at $140 and can be booked at www.gondolasdamore.com.
5. Charter a Yacht ($$$): Be greeted by a bucket of shrimp and champagne aboard a private sunset sail on an exclusive chartered yacht. Enjoy the famous coastlines of Venice, Santa Monica, Malibu and beyond from aboard a Paradise Bound Yacht Charter or with Blue Pacific Boating. Make it a triple date and charter a yacht with up to six people and enjoy dinner aboard the yacht with your own picnic or one catered by a local restaurant for a more luxurious treat. Yacht charters begin as low as $55 per person, per hour (usually with a four-hour minimum).